Monday, February 08, 2010

Ode to Redbox Renters


Dear annoying Redbox renter,
I have found myself behind you many times. I know you see me, patiently waiting for my turn at the Redbox, as I have subtly made myself known by talking to my 2-year old, loud enough for you to hear us. I don't mind that I have to wait a minute, but it's just rude for you to scroll through the entire list of movies currently in the redbox, and check out the info on each one. You can clearly see the list of movies off to the side, and should have had a short list of these in mind before approaching the screen. It has now been five minutes, and I'm holding my 27 lb. toddler, who is on the verge of a meltdown at any moment. Meanwhile, the line of one (me) has now grown to four and five people, all waiting for you to make up your mind. Next time you visit a redbox, step aside and choose a movie before you waste my time.

Sincerely,
Mom on a Mission

5 comments:

Melinda said...

AMEN SISTER!!!!!!!! I cannot STAND people who do that!!! It is SO frustrating. Jared and I have a summer solution to this problem: Walk our dog to the redbox. Frequently when we go on runs / walks with Hades in the summer, we will stop by the red box at the chevron by our house, it's usually right on our walking / running route. Most people are not comfortable having a 100 lb. dog standing behind them... so they hurry it up! Next time you go to red box, I'll let you borrow him as I'm sure that your .05 lb maltese would not have the same affect on people!

Melissa Rees said...

Oh man I HAAAAATE redbox!! Terry has a love/hate relationship with it. He always goes, stands in line forever, can't find a movie he wants, gets in the car and grumbles to me how bad he hates redbox, then does it all over the next day!!! And don't get me started on when he forgets to return the movie...I don't even bother with it.

Kateka said...

AMEN!!!! Oh my gosh, it is so so so so so annoying. Especially when they pretend you aren't there.

Cee Cee said...

Ha ha ha!!! That's hilarious...and so true! We've all been behind a person like that (hopefully not BEEN a person like that)!

Janelle said...

So true! If you want to look at the list five times and read every title to someone on your cell phone....move to the back of the line!