Tuesday, May 25, 2010

This Is The Post That Never Ends

First Stop: Sea Life Aquarium
They had a grand opening for this Sea Life Aquarium located inside the Arizona Mills mall a couple weekends ago. We got a discount going sometime in May, so we decided to go that weekend.
Needless to say, we were in line longer than it took us to go through the whole exhibit! But Jack did enjoy it once we were inside.

Touching the starfish

Lincoln chilling in the stroller

Lincoln decided he needed to get out and experience a few things, too

"This stuff is awesome!"





Lincoln was tuckered out by the time we got back in the car.

Lincoln's first Oreo

Second Stop: Joe's Farm Grill
We have a co-op group here on Saturday nights. We take turns watching each other's kids while the other couples go out for a few hours without them. We dropped Jack off and decided to take Lincoln with us to a place called Joe's Farm Grill. It was very delicious, and I think Lincoln appreciated some one-on-one time with mommy and daddy.


My new haircut... ugh. See all those bangs? I didn't cut any of them! That's all hair growing back from after I had Lincoln.

Sunday Morning: Breakfast
Lincoln likes to sit up on daddy's lap now during breakfast. Jack thought he'd enjoy it too, and look what happened:
video

I forgot to mention last week that Jack made me the cutest Mother's Day present ever! His nursery teachers at church helped him make this card, and it said, "Happy mother's Day!" inside, with a tracing of his hand (which he loves to do.) I will keep it forever!

This sunset was so pretty. I rarely see this many clouds in the sky here.

Tuesday Morning: Pick up Grammy from the Airport
My mom (a.k.a. "grammy") came out to spend a week with us last Tuesday, and left this morning. On the way home from the airport, Lincoln cried and screamed about the last 3/4 of the way. My mom thinks it was because of her sunglasses, and that he didn't recognize her. I felt bad for her. But it took less than a day before he was crawling up to her legs, wanting to be held.
Jack thought he would try on grammy's shoes!

Look at that bonding!

My mom saved a bunch of quarters in a pill bottle for Jack (which is something my grandma used to do for me) and said he could use it on all the rides at the mall I was telling her about. Here he is on the carousel.


Lincoln's first ride on a carousel

Look at all that drool! I think he likes it.

He let Lincoln try one of the rides with him.

I didn't get pictures of us going to the nearby Chandler pool that had some slides and a lazy river. Neither of the boys liked it much, so we didn't stay long. I was surprised!

Jack grabbed one of his books and decided to copy my mom for a few minutes. It was pretty funny!


"Take a picture of me, mom!"

Jack pulled Doug up onto the couch to read, too. Apparently, everyone needed to take a minute to read.

Here's my mom and the boys right before we took her to the airport this morning. She bought them those matching outfits while she was here. She spoiled us all! I wish my dad could've been here to enjoy the fun times. Hopefully next time, dad!

7 comments:

Melissa Rees said...

That's what happens when we eat! None of us get any food. Needless to say it's a great eight loss plan!

Melissa Rees said...

I mean weight...

The Monahan's said...

I know what you mean about hair falling out after the baby is born. I think I'm gonna look like Cameron soon, I have a "receding hair line" just like him. I was actually scared for awhile I'd become completely bald. It's gonna be great waiting for all that to grow back in.

But your hair cut is cute!

Eliza Brock said...

I love Jack's face in the 2nd carousel picture! Glad you had a fund time with mom. Love and miss you!

Kateka said...

Life with the 4 of you seems like so much fun.

Melinda said...

I LOVE the hair! That aquarium looks like a ton of fun, Jack looks THRILLED. You guys are so cute! I miss you tons!

Nicole said...

What a fun weekend! And I love your haircut, super cute!