Sunday, June 27, 2010

Pictures of my Boys... Would You Expect Anything Different?

Jack has become quite the photographer lately! Here are some of his own pics! We thought he got pretty clever.


Lincoln was being such a funny kid the other day! Here he is in the middle of a laugh.

He got into the toilet paper right after that...

And then wanted to see how it tastes

Here's my cute Jack right before I woke him up from naps


I had to cut this one off, but he was running around after baths with just this helmet on

We used some of Lincoln's birthday money to get a new tub toy. It just came a couple days ago. Here is Doug helping him open it.

Jack wanted a picture of him taken right after that

Sweet toy! Both boys have really enjoyed it so far.
In other news, we started potty training Jack this week. He has been doing awesome! We started Wednesday, and by Friday, he was telling us every time he had to go. And yes, that includes #2's! I'm really proud of him for catching on so quick.

We took Jack to see Toy Story 3 yesterday, and I was so surprised at how well he behaved for the whole movie! He even told us half-way through when he had to go "potty." We came home to find our baby-sitter passed out COLD on the couch! Lincoln had taken one of the doorstops off the wall, and the white rubber piece was off. I know he was over by it when he walked in, so I'm SO glad he didn't choke on it. I not only nudged her a couple times, but said "hello!" when we walked in, and said her name once or twice. When she finally came to, these were her excuses...
1. "I am SO tired!"
2. "I didn't get much sleep last night..."
and my favorite,
3. "I was meaning to set my alarm for just a couple minutes..."

WOW! I was in so much shock, I didn't know what to say to her. I did pay her (probably shouldn't have) and talked to her mom about it when I dropped her off. I have a curse of balling when I get frustrated, so I ended up crying when I was talking to her mom. I talked to her mom later on last night, and she said the sitter had been crying all day, and the parents felt just sick about what happened. I'm just glad that Lincoln is ok.

We're also starting swim lessons for him this week. He's a little TOO comfortable in the water, so hopefully these will help him out. Wish him luck!

9 comments:

Cecily said...

Oh, Toni! I'm so glad Lincoln is okay. What a scary experience.

Jack is quite the photographer! Nice pictures!

Melissa Rees said...

I love the tunnel picture! I'm definitely going to wait on the potty training for Deacon. He's not ready yet!!

Ashley Dickman said...

oh my goodness! how scary is that!?! glad your little guy is ok!

Melinda said...

SO Cute! I love the new car too, btw! How has your weather been? In the triple digits yet?

Maria said...

Sheesh, what a stupid babysitter. I'm glad you called and told her mom about it. Jack sounds like he is doing great with the potty training! That must be such a help for you to not have to deal with it for too long.

Kateka said...

Holy crapola. I can't believe all the excuses that chica gave you. I am so glad Lincoln was okay!

Janaca said...

What fun, cute pictures! Love seeing your handsome boys. Glad the potty training is going well!! That can be rough but sounds like he's got it down already. :) I CAN NOT believe that babysitter!! How irresponsible!! I'm sure you'll never get her again, but I'm glad Lincoln was okay. So scary!! Sorry.

Clayton and Amber said...

I can't believe that!! How scary! I'm glad you talked to her mom (it's so hard to do stuff like that). IT is really hard to find babysitters today...with cell phones, TV, Internet distractions...what happened to the good old days we we were paid $1.50 an hour for 3 kids? :) And we loved it!

Eliza Brock said...

good for you for saying something to her mom about it. That is total crap! Scary!