Tuesday, July 06, 2010

She's In Love With A Boy (...Or Three)

Lincoln is not known to hold still. In fact, that's one thing he doesn't know how to do unless he's eating or sound asleep. We couldn't get his pajamas on him the other night after baths because he was too wiggly. So we put them on his head to see what he'd do. He was a good sport about it.


Jack is just so handy around the house! He has loved these yellow construction hats I have from his 1st birthday. Once I told them they were for people that used tools, he was all about the hat and tools.

I found some Nemo goggles at the Dollar Tree for Jack since we're in the water often. He has enjoyed his week and a half of swimming lessons so far, and will be done on Thursday. I have also enjoyed the one-on-one time I've had with him in his class.

Our ward had a "4th of July" pancake breakfast on the morning of the 3rd, and had a little parade afterward in the church parking lot. Here's our wagon all decked out with Jack and his friend Livie in it. I love the expression on Doug's face in this picture. He looks like he's posing for the paparazzi.

We spent our 4th of July making some homemade popcorn and watching a movie together until bedtime. With our kids being so young and having a bedtime hours before the fireworks go off, it makes it difficult to go out after dark. But we did see some from our bedroom window and enjoyed what we saw of those.

Lincoln thought the popcorn popper was pretty awesome.

Doug had Monday off, so we decided to check out the Bass Pro Shops here. It was very similar to Cabela's, except it had a huge selection of boats and 4-wheelers. I thought the fish displays were cooler at Cabela's, though.

Doug had to go back to work today, which was a bummer. I tried to get the kids involved in something in our room so I could get ready for the day, and Jack wanted to try on Doug's boots. It was pretty cute. Lincoln just wanted to play with them.

These videos all crack me up! The first is of Jack twirling teddy bears around in the air and hitting Lincoln with them. Lincoln thought it was absolutely hilarious!



Jack taught Lincoln how to dance!


Daddy is hilarious before naptime


Jack is still learning to count to ten... in order.

P.S. Notice the hot Incredibles underwear? Jack is potty trained now! It took him less than a week. I'm so proud of him and am stoked about only one kid in diapers again.

5 comments:

Melissa Rees said...

They are so cute! We did the Bass pro shop too, but I totally don't dig those places! Everyone thinks Deacon and Evan look so much alike, but I don't really see it! Sometimes when Evan poses a certain way he does but most of the time I don't think he looks anything like Deacon. And how cool is it that Jack is potty trained?! Deacon is soooo not ready. Maybe in a few months!

Clayton and Amber said...

Toni-I love looking at your pictures. I can't believe how big those boys are getting! We miss you guys like crazy. How are you liking AZ? Sounds like you are staying busy and having a lot of fun! The heat is deadly here in NYC, but we're loving it. You've inspired me to be better at updating my blog. Yours is so great. I will get started on Blurb! Thanks for the tip!

Janaca said...

Okay, how fun are your boys!? Do you just laugh and laugh all day? Those videos made me just smile and laugh. Lincoln's giggle is totally contagious and is absolutely adorable!! I love how they wave their arms together to dance too. Such handsome little men! And CONGRATS on the potty training. That's AWESOME!! I hated having 2 in diapers for awhile. Now you can spend that $ on something fun!

Melissa Rees said...

We never went to that zoo, just the Phoenix zoo (very cool!) We want to visit really bad, but I think we'll wait until it cools off a bit. Terry is DYING to go to Pappadeux's, and I'll admit I want to see AZ again :)

Eliza Brock said...

SO STINKIN CUTE!! I love the laughs. Can't wait to see you guys soon!!