Sunday, September 26, 2010

Grandparent's Day & Toni's Birthday

Two weeks ago was grandparent's day. I helped Jack make the following cards for his grandparents. They're pretty funny, if you read them. I would say, "What do you want me to write?" And this is what he said:



Lincoln no longer wants to eat in his high chair, so he has graduated to our little green booster chair. Congrats, Lincoln! Jack has looked at this chair as a punishment the last few months, so he just sits on a regular chair now.

Since Jack likes the xbox so much lately, I checked out ebay for some kid games. I found a sweet deal on a Kung-Fu Panda/Lego Indiana Jones combo pack. He hasn't tried the Kung-Fu Panda game yet, but all he wants to do now is, "Play Lego game." Lincoln likes to think he plays a part in this, too.

So, I'm a dork and just erased all the pictures from the camera before they downloaded onto the computer. NICE! My paragraph will have to suffice. We spent yesterday (my birthday) at the zoo, and then went to Sweet Tomatoes for lunch. The rest of the day was relaxed and Doug let me have some "work" time for my Usborne Books business and organization. After dinner, we walked over to the pond across the street and threw bread in for the fish. We've also discovered a turtle that will come over and poke his head out of the water. Jack loves it, but Lincoln just sits contently in the stroller. Then we walked home and had some cake: chocolate cake and chocolate frosting. Thanks, Doug! He's making me his famous red wine vinegar ribs today. They are SOOOO yummy!! I can't wait.

Here's Jack pushing Lincoln around the room. I only let him do it once so the chair didn't tip over on Lincoln.
video

Here's a glimpse of what I witness every day... Lincoln's tantrums and Jack's taunting.
video

4 comments:

Kateka said...

I love how Jack wraps up his letters every time with "I'm done."

I just deleted a video off my camera before I loaded it to the camera. I am way sad about it, so I know how you feel about that.

And... HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I am glad you had a good time at the zoo! I love that place.

Maria said...

Hope you had a happy birthday! I totally didn't know about Grandparent's Day...those cards are so sweet!

Melissa Rees said...

Hope you had a great bday!! September rocks for bdays :) I seriously can't believe how big Lincoln is!! I still think of him as a little baby! Your blog gives me a glimpse of what my future will look like!!

The Monahan's said...

way to go on even knowing when grandparents day is! Love the card the boys wrote, too cute!

Happy Birthday!