Sunday, March 04, 2012

February 2012

I have been seriously slacking on taking pictures and updating the blog. Where does the time go! One of my friends from work is getting ready to have a baby, and I helped co-host a shower for her. We also gathered some money from some of the servers and were able to get her the swing she wanted, the baby bath, and some bottles. Here were some of the stuff I made her.



One of my neighbors from Utah ended up moving to Gilbert, about 10 minutes away from our house! We have been able to go to the train park, Discovery Park to have the boys ride the bikes, and have had a chance for our boys (Easton and Jack) to have a couple play dates. I'm so glad she moved close by! Here are some of the pictures of us at the train park in Scottsdale.


I found a growth chart on Pinterest that Doug (and Jack) are helping me make. Jack went and got his construction hat and is taking a stab at sanding our future masterpiece.
Just some brotherly love
We don't get much time together... the four of us. Saturday mornings is one of the rare times where we can do something together. We went to the Chandler mall yesterday where Jack got his new (and much needed) Crocs. He LOVES how they change color in the sun. We had a quick lunch after a little shopping, and then went out by the fountains for some beautiful 70's weather.
This was right before they got splashed!
Doug and I didn't get much of a Valentine's Day this year. I had to work 6 days that week (would have been 7 since they called me to come in on the Sunday before, but I said no.) But my work did pay for a full meal for 2 since I came in and helped out the day before. My boys gave me a "heart attack" in bed. They cut out a bunch of heart shapes from construction paper and threw them on me. Then they made me breakfast. So cute!

We all planned on going to the Goldfield Ghost Town on President's Day, since both Doug and I had the day off. That almost never happens where we both have a whole day off together. Unfortunately, we both came down with the stomach flu the Sunday night before. We're thinking Lincoln shared this with us, since he had had it the Wednesday before all day. P.S. That was AWFUL because even if he has to throw up, he doesn't tell you about it, so you have to watch him like a hawk to make sure you can get him to the toilet in time. That poor kid threw up in the car twice (taking Jack to school, then picking him up)! Poor kid. Anyway, so Doug slept downstairs and I slept upstairs, both feeling horrible. The next morning, Jack threw up once, and was over it. It was so funny because right after he threw up, the first thing he said was, "Does this mean we can't go to Ghost Town now?" Not like we were going to go anyway with Doug and I still sick all day. Anyway, so we'll have to wait and go a different day when we both have a day off again.

Thanks to Groupon, I have started doing hot yoga and am absolutely loving it! Not looking forward to seeing how much it normally is. And also thanks to Groupon, the boys have started their 4 weeks of swim lessons! Jack is loving them, and Lincoln... well, not so much. He didn't want to let go of me either week, and the second one, he was crying through the first half of the class. That boy really needs to get more comfortable in the water!

Doug started his last class at school on Thursday, and so he'll be done in 8 weeks with EVERYTHING! We are so proud of him and are looking forward to a change. He's already looking for better jobs and has already had an interview in Scottsdale. If anyone hears about or knows of a senior analyst job, we'd LOVE to hear about it!

3 comments:

Cecily said...

That's so exciting that Doug is almost done!! 8 weeks is so close!! Good luck! Also, fun that you had friends move by so close! :)

Melissa Rees said...

Ummm come back to Utah when he is done!! Geesh! But not until we visit you first :) Jack looks just like Doug in one of those pictures!!

Nicole said...

Just checkin' in, the weather looks so great there! Hope you are doing well. Hugs!