Sunday, December 16, 2012

Welcome, Maizey!

I guess I should start at the beginning...
So I was dilated to a 2 and 80% effaced for a couple weeks straight. On my 38 week appointment (I was really 38w 5d at this point) my OB offered to strip my membranes. I was desperate to get this girl out of me, so I took him up on his offer. I was discouraged when I didn't have any strong contractions 24 hours later. That appointment was on Friday, November 30th. Finally on Saturday, December 1st at 4 p.m., I started having strong contractions every 3 minutes for an hour. Then they slowed to like 10 minutes apart, so I thought it wasn't the real deal. I finally told Doug to call his parents around 7 and we were headed to the hospital at 7:30. By the time we got there and checked in, I was still at a 2. An hour later, barely at a 2.5! I was so mad and was afraid they'd send us home. Luckily, they let me walk around for an hour, and by then, I was at a 3.5! Finally, about 10:45, they admitted me, and she was born at 2:12 a.m. So funny that she was born on 12/2/12, at 2:12, and our recovery room number was 212.
Maizey Noel Nelson
7 lb. 2 oz.

   Welcome to the family, baby girl!

Meeting her brothers for the first time

Jack calls her Miss Muffin







Melinda and Heidi visited! SO great catching up with old friends!

We decided last minute to do Maizey's baby blessing while my parents were here, which left us 2 days to plan it out. We decided to make it small so that it was manageable for me, since it was only a week after I had her. So grateful for all the family that attended!


 Love you, little girl!

9 comments:

The Bluths said...

Aww she is precious! When did your boys get glasses?

Janaca said...

She is so sweet! Love those new little babes. You will LOVE having a little girl, it's so much fun! Cute little family.

Toni said...

Thanks Janaca! I just updated the post with the labor and delivery story if you're interested.

Toni said...

Thanks! They both got glasses before we left Arizona. P.S. I added the labor and delivery story to this post, if you're interested.

Melissa Rees said...

She's beautiful!! Can't wait to meet her!

Kateka said...

She looks so beautiful! I am so happy for you. Congratulations on the birth of your daughter!

Leisa said...

Cute little girl, and I love the name you picked. Oh and of course you look great only a week post delivery:)

Christine said...

Ok, how in the world did I not know that you moved!?! I feel so bad! I've been meaning to call you for awhile now to get together and it's just be so busy with Brad opening the dealership and soccer, scouts, etc. I'm so sad, but so glad Doug found a job.
Congratulations on your new baby! She is so cute and I'm so jealous you had a girl!

kallina said...

Congrats on your third Toni!! So exciting!!! what a sweet little girl. I love her name as well :)